Why Haven’t People With Foot and Ankle Pain Been Told These Facts?
If you have foot and ankle pain, heel pain, or arthritis, there is hope.
Does foot pain stop you enjoying life?
Do you get aching pain after resting, or sharp pain in your feet when walking on them?
Have you had to give up what you enjoy because of pain?
At Posture Podiatry we have seen thousands of people who are frustrated because foot and ankle pain is holding them back from life.
Do you have any of the following conditions?
- Heel Pain / Plantar Fasciitis
- Sharp pain in your forefoot (Neuroma/Metatarsalgia)
- Hammer Toes
- Aching arches
If you are suffering from any of these problems you need to know that there is help available.
Pain medication could be making things worse
Pain is the warning sign telling you to stop.
Some pain medication lets you keep going, but pills don’t fix the real problem.
In fact, if you keep taking pills you could be more likely to do things that cause more damage.
Foot and Ankle pain is not just “Old Age”
If that was true, then every part of your body would be painful… because everything in your body is the same age!
Pain is normal, but pain that doesn’t go away is not normal.
Finding the problem and fixing it has to be the top priority.Pain is the warning sign telling you to take a break. Click To Tweet
You don’t have to wear ugly shoes or bulky insoles to fix foot pain.
You must find the true cause of your pain to be able to treat it effectively.
The good news is there is a solution.
Your body has a remarkable ability to heal itself; it sometimes just needs a little help.
Here are 4 things you can do for yourself.
- Massage: You can condition your muscles by massaging the painful area
- Simply rub the area, kneading the tight muscles.
- Roll your foot over a tennis ball or golf ball
- Remember that your pain may be referred from other areas, so massage all over
- Mobilise: You need to mobilise tight joints to promote better movement.
- Write the ABC’s in the air with your toes, moving only your feet and ankles
- Gently move tight joints through their full range
- Stretch: Increase your range of movement
- Calf stretches or Plantar fascia stretches can help release tension as well
- Strengthen: Improve your ability to cope with demands of daily life
- Simply walking on soft sand, or picking up a towel with your toes can help to build strength in your feet
Here’s how we can help:
Posture Podiatry is a podiatry clinic located in Kent Town, just outside of the city of Adelaide, South Australia.
Our podiatrists use a 3-Step system for uncovering the true cause of pain, without drugs or surgery.
How many people feel they could perform better, achieve their goals and enjoy life without pain holding them back?
- We take a complete history, and take the time to really listen to your concerns.
- Our Podiatrists complete a full assessment, and explain the situation so you have a complete understanding.
- You are treated as a real person, and we tailor a plan for you.
Posture Podiatry is an award-winning, Accredited clinic with convenient parking, experienced podiatrists and on-time appointments.